Sunday, March 09, 2008

Ever have that feeling...

...that everything you hold dear and holy is a lie? I regret that I had a bout of insomnia last weekend and stumbled upon VH1 Classic around 3am. The first video I saw was Boston, but I can't remember what song. I had a good impression of the song though. I was starting to feel a little better about being awake so late watching VH1 Classic.

Then I saw AC/DC's "Thunderstruck":



Great video. Very fun. I was enjoying being so tired (sorta). I eagerly waited for the next video.

And then, it happened. The moment of profound despair. I saw KISS's video for "Lick It Up":



Since the time Ronda was a teenager and I heard her play KISS, I thought they were the cool guys. Sure, they wore makeup, but it was scary makeup, strong makeup, the kind of makeup a warrior would wear into deadly, manly battle. It was man-makeup.

Instead, I see these people in leopard-skin high-heels and lots of makeup, girly makeup, the kind of makeup Dil wears in The Crying Game.

I have lost hope for humanity.

No comments: