Monday, March 31, 2008

Bruce Springsteen and Arcade Fire

I was recently listening to Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run album (#18 on RS Top 500 list) in the car, and I thought to myself, "Wow, this sort of reminds me of Arcade Fire..." So I came home and googled Arcade Fire's musical influences in hopes of seeing Bruce Springsteen listed. Sadly, I couldn't find mention of AF tipping their hat to Springsteen, but lots of other people have made the same connection between the two that I did. Matter of fact, Springsteen invited AF to join him on a few songs in a concert in Ottawa last October! I've posted Springsteen's "Thunder Road" and Arcade Fire's "Intervention" on my jukebox, so let me know if you hear what I hear. Also, here's the link to a video of "State Trooper/Keep the Car Running" from Springsteen's Ottawa show. I think it's pretty cool...

No comments: