Saturday, July 26, 2008

Black Snake

I was reminded yesterday that I haven't posted about my recent encounter with our resident black snake who was the subject of one of our first blog posts in 2006. About a month ago, I walked out the side door of the house to go somewhere and boom, ran smack dab into Mr. Snake, eye to eye. Shocking is an understatement.

I tried to help him down, but I guess I startled him and he wriggled, hissed, and fell down. It sounded painful, but he kept moving vigorously so I figured he was fine. The first time in my life parseltongue would have come in handy.

Point being, I caught him again and tried to remove him to the natural area where he's done such a good job clearing the moles and voles. Unfortunately, I dropped him again on the way and he actually crawled through a vent hole into our crawl space. I guess that's good, but it's taken a couple of weeks to get over being creeped out by the thought of his proximity.

4 comments:

Fifi said...

this totally creeps me out.

Sherri said...

Lets hope he is on vacation when we come over on Saturday....

Marty said...

This gives me the heebee jeebees. If I saw a black snack crawling on my house I would probably go into hysterics. No joke.

Denise said...

yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh gosh, i totally wish i did not see that giant snake picture and that it lives in cotswold!