Monday, August 13, 2007

I love being pregnant!

Today in the grocery store the woman behind me in line said, "You look like a very happy expectant mom." Could she read it on my face? I told Randy the other day that this is one of the happiest seasons of my life. My hair is the thickest its ever been, I can basically eat whatever I want (minus citric acid which gives me terrible heartburn), and I love my husband more and more every day. Part of me thinks it's all hormones, which is disappointing because I will probably go back to being grumpy after the baby is born! But I think it's more than that. I am just relishing this time of expectation before our baby comes. I have nine months to grow accustomed to the idea that a little one is getting ready to change my life forever, and there is nothing I can do to either speed up or slow down that change. So I can enjoy the anticipation of this new season because it's happening to me-- I'm not making it happen. I just love that! It's unlike anything I've ever done, namely because there is no illusion that I am in control. God is! And that makes me happy.

1 comment:

Fifi said...

Em, you definitely look happy! I think it's remarkable that I haven't heard you whine or complain about anything really. I'm happy for you and am really glad that you are so "present" in this pregnancy and that you are enjoying it so much. What a blessing!