Friday, May 09, 2008

An Accidentally Wonderful Purchase

For several months now I have been looking for a rug to go in our dining room. Easy enough, right? Expect 1) I was working with a painting we are housing for our friend Hannah and Tim and 2) I am really, really picky. So after visiting every mainstream store in town (Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, etc.) and not finding anything that matched perfectly, my mom suggested that I go to Home Depot and look at having some carpet bound into a rug. So I did, and I found a great deep brown carpet that works with the painting and the wall color. Done. So now we have a brown rug.

Here's the surprise. Sweet Millie, in her very old age, has been having some kidney trouble and "going" wherever she is when the time hits. And she "went" on our new dining room rug just the other day. The good news: the carpet obviously has some sort of stain treatment because the pee just sort of settled on the top. I'm not saying it didn't go through at all; I'm just saying it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Who would have thought that getting a piece of carpet cut into a rug would be so perfect for a dining room? I can just imagine spilt wine, milk, etc. floating on top of the rug fibers thanks to the Stainmaster treatment. So if you are in the market for a dining room rug, definitely go for a piece of Stainmaster carpet. I couldn't be happier.

And just for fun, here is our latest family portrait. Please ignore the fact that I look like I just rolled out of bed, and Randy appears to be laughing. I just wanted everyone to see the family (especially Millie)!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Great picture - everyone looks wonderful! (especially Millie).

BTW - your outside sitting room looks great - I haven't seen it in a long while...